Opening the book of the heart
Home of Compassion, Island Bay, Wellington
7pm Friday 15 June to 3pm Sunday 17 June 2018
With Rev’d Rosie Dell
Using talks by Laurence Freeman OSB, along with some images from Chartres Cathedral, we will explore the stages of contemplation through the symbol of the book. Just like we take up a book, open it and begin to read through the chapters, so it is with the heart which opens in stages leading to spiritual transformation.
Both group leaders and individual meditators will benefit from understanding the stages of contemplation in meditation practice. While grounded in teaching from our Christian Meditation tradition, when we dedicate the time of this silent retreat to God’s work in us, in this moment, our own experience will be individual and fresh. I look forward to sharing this time with you. God bless, Rosie
The Home of Compassion provides single rooms with personal bathrooms.
Cost: $240, live-in; $120 non-residential (includes lunches and evening meal on Saturday).
Please let us know if the cost is a barrier for you, some funding is available.
To find out more email Elspeth Preddey at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 04 4723369.
To register for the retreat, all you need to do is email Linda Polaschek at retreat@c or phone 04 4797955 or 020 4797955 with the answers to these four questions:
1. Your name and contact details
2. Any special dietary requirements
3. Emergency contact name and phone number
4. Whether you are living in or not
and pay the $240 or $120 fee by one of these 3 options:
1. Online: From your account to NZCCM account 38-9003-0812910-01 at Kiwibank. Please place your name and ‘Wgtn Retreat’ in the reference section
2. By depositing your cheque or cash into the NZCCM account above at any Kiwibank branch, putting your name and ‘Wgtn Retreat’ in the reference section.
3. By posting your cheque (made out to NZCCM) and answers to the four questions above, to Linda Polaschek, 12 Everest St, Wellington, 6035.
Any donation over $5 to assist another person to attend, is tax deductible. Please let us know if you would like a receipt.